Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Ceramic Pirate

     This was a pirate that I did in ceramics/art class in 10th grade in high school.  Our mascot is the Pirates, at the school that I went to, and we were the Miller County Pirates! We still are! :-)  I remember when I did this, I didn't want the pirate to look like he had new clothes on, but wanted them to look tattered, and worn, a little. Most were painting their pirate as if it had new clothes, but I wanted something closer to being more realistic.  Star Wars had come out at the theaters and was the first science fiction movie, at the time, to introduce old, battle-worn spaceships. I loved this movie, and it changed my artwork in so many ways, that even my pirate, I began to look at in another way. I've been a collector of pirate things ever since I lived in Miller County! :-)  I've even got a real sword, now, that is a replica pirate cutlass. This is why I am crazy over pirates things, and when Pirates of the Caribbean the movies came out I collected all of that stuff, too, and still do.  I even collected the old skeleton pirate models of the original Pirates of the Caribbean Disney ride, and built them. I love ceramics, sculpting, painting, drawing, and most any media.  This is my favorite piece I painted for ceramics, though! :-)  Arrrrrgggggh! :-)

                                  Here's the full view of the same pirate ceramic piece, above! :-) 

    Well, I didn't quite finish what I was drawing tonight, but maybe I'll have it finished tomorrow, and will post it then.  Thanks for taking time to look at my blog! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment